Here's how it was:
every single one of my 5 siblings were all together
having a bonfire on a summer evening in Ohio.
We were the only family missing.
It made me homesick!
So, we made our own bonfire, our first bonfire!
It was even on the chilly side that evening, just
like in Ohio! I don't know - it just helped!
Plus I got to talk to a lot of them throughout that
week on the phone. It made me feel not so far away!
every single one of my 5 siblings were all together
having a bonfire on a summer evening in Ohio.
We were the only family missing.
It made me homesick!
So, we made our own bonfire, our first bonfire!
It was even on the chilly side that evening, just
like in Ohio! I don't know - it just helped!
Plus I got to talk to a lot of them throughout that
week on the phone. It made me feel not so far away!
Thanks, Lord, for bonfires and long distance phone calls!
P.S. To my husband's family: we also felt homesick
around O.S. fair time!

No comments:
Post a Comment