Tuesday, March 19, 2013

how far the Lord has brought us!

Here's what the situation was this past Sunday.....
My husband and I had just finished teaching our 0-5 year old Sunday School class.  We were ready to walk downstairs to the Worship Service when my friend walked in our classroom.  She was supposed to lead Kid's Church but announced to us, "I have to lead the singing time in the Worship Service and I have no one to stay with the kids!"
OK.... 
3 years ago we wouldn't have understood what she was saying.
2 years ago she wouldn't have hinted to US that she needed help.
1 year ago we wouldn't have been ready to jump in and sub.
But yesterday...
because of all the Lord has taught us, we were able to help!

We didn't have a lesson, of course, but we lead some songs, played some Bible trivia, and had a good time getting to know them better!
The Lord has brought us so far!!!!  Thank You, Father!!!!

Follow this link to see a video of a game the church kids played while we were with them.  (Sorry, the video is a little bouncy.)
https://vimeo.com/62117703

2 comments:

Jodi B said...

Looks like fun!! So nice to see Trav! Were you filming, Renee??
Love you guys!

Renee said...

Hey Jodi! It was actually my oldest son that was filming. If you look closely, you can see me at the end of the video in the background by the building - I've got on jeans and a black & white striped shirt. Love ya!