Monday, January 14, 2013

sweet jam and a "sweet" opportunity!

 We've got an awesome guayaba tree in our front yard!
(I believe it's called a guava in the US.) The fruit is great 
to eat right off the tree and makes a refreshing juice!
My nieghbor happens to be a great cook, so we got 
together on Saturday for a guayaba jam cooking class! 
  
My boys helped pick the fruit!  They love that "chore"!
My neighbor and I washed it, cut it and cooked it.
Meanwhile, my little guy and her granddaughter played.  
Then we blended up the fruit, strained the seeds, 
added the sugar, simmered it and by the end of the 
afternoon we had a huge pot of guayaba jam to share!
 
While the sweet jam simmered, I had the sweet 
opportunity of getting to know my neighbor better!
She is a wonderful neighbor but spiritually she is lost.  
I'm praying that God, in His grace, will use our family 
to plant some seeds of truth in her and her family's lives!

No comments: