Wednesday, October 24, 2012

...safety in the storm!

     I know...it's been a super long time since I've posted!  I've been putting more time into studying Spanish as my husband and I are both hoping I can finish officially studying after my next evaluation on November5!  But there are some important things that have happened that I'd like to thank God for (publicly) and that I'd like you to know about!
     On the evening of September 18, a bad storm blew through our city.  Our "earthly protector" was at a Bible study that evening; it was just the 3 boys and I at the house when the lights went out, the roof started leaking and the wind began crazily blowing the trees every which way.  Thankfully our Heavenly Protector was with us!  Not long after, the storm settled down, the lights came back on and my hubby returned from his Bible study! 
     However, in a neighborhood not far from our home, a neighborhood that we frequently visit, a tragic thing had occurred...a tornado.  A tornado is a rare occurrence in Paraguay: the people have no warning system and no basements to hide in.  Around 1500 families were left homeless and 6 young people died.

A school room
A business
The shopping mall we occasionally visit.
     The next day was a sad day for our city.  We were very thankful for the Lord's protection.

1 comment:

Homestead Living said...

Thanking the Lord with you this evening!
Love you all,
Jennie