Thursday, June 28, 2012

...the Lord's protection today!


We had to go downtown again today.
The kids were all seat-belted in the back seat,
I was looking at the map
and my husband was driving.
I looked up quickly when I felt him braking heavily 
and watched as we crept closer and closer 
to the middle of the busy intersection...
a huge city bus was quickly heading toward the side of our truck.
The bus had the right-of-way - we had made a mistake - 
but was he going to stop?...or even slow down?
Our brakes were slammed but we were still moving.
Were they going to stop us in time?
YES!
We felt the metal of the back half of the bus 
scrape the front of our truck
but
we
were 
safe.
We pulled over with hearts pounding
and thanked the Lord for protecting us!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanking God for your protection indeed!

Homestead Living said...

Yes...Praising God with you!
Love you friend!